Thank you for considering spending an evening with us!
We are immensely proud of Speak of the Devil’s unique environment, service and our classic approach to crafting cocktails for our guests. We want everyone to have a good time when they visit, but it is important to keep in mind that during these trying times things are a little bit different. Please understand that because of Covid-19 restrictions we just cannot be the bar that we genuinely want to be right now. Speak of the Devil was built to bring people together. During this pandemic, we appreciate the need to keep people apart. The Speak of the Devil experience begins with a dedication to great drinks and ends with you, our beloved guests. If you are enjoying a cocktail with us and we are upholding our commitment to quality and craft, a great experience will follow – we promise!
It’s safe to say that by now we could ALL use a cocktail (safely prepared, and responsibly served of course!) and our Speak of the Devil team is ready to serve them up!
In the time of COVID 19 we have added several cleaning and sanitizing procedures to keep our staff and customers healthy, plus some new procedures and social distancing that will work to assure everyone’s safety. Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated. If there are any conditions below that you do not agree with, please do not come to Speak of the Devil during this time! Just hold off, hopefully we will be open to all with no restrictions soon and will be back to being the Speak of the Devil experience you all have come to expect!
With all of that said, Speak of the Devil will be open Wednesday thru Saturday 5pm – 11pm with a state mandated 10pm last call.
- As of August 21, 2020 we are re-opening but due to Covid-19 restrictions we are at reduced capacity and being a bar we are mostly walk-in but if you want to ensure yourself a table we will accept limited reservations. It is very important to us that we keep people safe and to make sure we comply with Ohio Department of Health mandates and recommendations related to masks and social distancing practices. If you’d like to reserve a spot, either call 440.670.1914 (Kurt) or message via our Facebook messenger with the date, time, number in your party and preferred seating (patio bar, patio, or inside the bar).
- We are different now. We are a cocktail lounge. We have no “kitchen” (but we do have amazing bar snacks – see our menu page!). Also, in the nearly 3 years since we have opened, Lorain has become a bit of a destination for food and fun. There are many options for you to grab a bite before or after visiting us. We encourage you to try them all! We will have house made cocktail nuts and other non-cook kitchen snacks nightly for you – and of course, terrific cocktails! In fact more and, we like to think, better than ever!
- If you are feeling unwell or have symptoms of illness, please do not come to Speak of the Devil. We are not going anywhere, and we wish you the best of health and will see you when you are feeling better.
- Masks are Required. No discussions. No debates. Our staff will be wearing masks and we ask that you wear a mask when you are away from your table. You may remove your mask while seated and enjoying your cocktail. If you forget your mask, one will be provided for you, but it won’t be nearly as cool as the ones made by Jevon Terance. If you have a problem with this rule please do not complain to our staff, send your complaints to Gov. Mike Dewine
- Please do not move tables. We are playing a giant game of tetris to make sure the proper distance is maintained between our guests. Please assist us by not moving tables or seats.
- If we are busy or heavy with reservations, we may politely ask you to limit your stay to 90 minutes. We are a small house made even smaller due to Covid-19. Please respect this potential time limit and understand that it is necessary to maintain our business through this time.
- Weather permitting, we will have limited outdoor seating in our patio bar and on our patio.
- We will have limited seating at the bar inside until further notice. Hopefully, it won’t be too terribly long before more of you can watch your favorite bartenders at work. We have 4 two tops and 3 four tops available as well as the “lounge” area which accommodates up to 10. If a seat is not available, we cannot and will not serve you.
- We have seating for one party of up to ten. We only have the one aforementioned area available for one party of up to ten inside of the bar. Reservations are highly recommended!
- No hugs or handshakes. We are going to want to hug every one of you when you arrive, but we must resist!
- Please relax and have fun. The last six months have been hard on everyone and these rules are a lot, but once you are at your table, you can remove your mask, enjoy your drink, and have a nice time with your friends and loved ones.
- Please be kind – to each other and our team. Please respect others and remain socially distant! Our staff is here to serve you, but coming to work during a pandemic, as many of you know, is difficult and our crew deserves a little extra patience and special thanks for their efforts.